Monday, 29 November 2010

Snow in November?!

Apparently it hasn't snowed in Brittany in November since 1980 and I think I read Britain hadn't had snow at this time of year in 17 years? So it's a bit odd, but made this weekend feel quite Christmassy!
We woke up to snow on Saturday and Sunday morning, Saturday was mainly washed away by rain but Sunday it settled nice and thick.









Once Laila had earned it, Daddy took her out to build a snowman. She had lots of fun and kept running inside for other things to put on him. I drew the line at hanging pictures on him though (?) and told her he would be fine as he was!





Honestly, she woke up on Sunday as the naughtiest child in the world, we punished her about 20 times in the space of a few hours! We felt very guilty later on when we realised she was actually feeling poorly. Her eye swelled up, her cold is infecting it a bit. So poor Francois had drive through the snow to take her to the Out of hours docs and to the pharmacie. They gave us eye drops, antibiotics, nasal spray and cough syrup! We were both very surprised by the cough syrup as we thought it was banned for young children. I've just done some research and it's advised NOT to be given to the under 2's, so guess it's OK for Laila's age. But there is research that suggests it's of no benefit to children up to 12 years old hence why I don't see the point in giving it anyway. The ONLY medicine an obstinate minded toddler will accept anyway is calpol or nurofen! She spat the anti-biotics out and screams when we try putting the eye drops in. We did manage to bribe her with a sweet though earlier. A trick I remember my parents used to use. I would get a chocolate bourbon biscuit if I took my medicine!

2 comments:

Brinabird the wee man the Diva said...

Oh poor Laila...hope she feels better soon. Lots of snow here too. xoxo

Michelle said...

Hmmm, I'm feeling less sorry for her after the day I've had! Being ill is no excuse for being the child from hell!!! My well deserved glass of wine is calling me now!