Monday, 29 November 2010

A Childminder for Max :-(

I felt very emotional about it, but I handed over my precious baby to a childminder last week for the first time. Other than that the only people I have left him with so far have been Francois and my mum. It's very hard letting go and allowing and trusting someone else to look after your baby

It finally got too much taking him to Laila's gym class and hoping he would stay still and quiet in the corner! He's far too active and just wants to join in everything, as I have to "assist" Laila on the equipment it's not safe to have him there as well. Laila doesn't really need any assistance at the moment, she is a very accomplished gymnast! In fact me and another mum are hoping it gets a bit more challenging for fear of our girls getting bored, but the problem is there are some children who have only just turned two and so understandably can't do a lot of the same things such as jump with both feet on the trampoline, yes this is a tough skill to learn for little ones!

Anyway, back to Max. I might have already mentioned that our next door neighbour is a recently qualified childminder. So I plucked up the courage to ask her if she could have Max every Wednesday for an hour and a half. She was more than happy, gave me a million pieces of paper to fill in and then it was all official! I trust her immensely, despite the fact that we've only seen her a handful of times. I've seen how she is with Laila and Max and her own boy and she's very good with them, a lot more patient than me! She will also keep a part-time place open for him for next year if and when I get any work sorted. He had a great time there and was no problem at all. He spent all his time cruising around their tables apparently, I think she was a little surprised at what my 8 month old can get up to. I did warn her!

Max pulling out all my DVDs for a good chew!

He loves standing and playing on this music table

he pulls himself up here...

..and shuffles over to here!



 Actually these pics are from a week or so ago, he can now cruise right round the room and has even let go a couple times and stood alone for a millisecond!!

No comments: