Thursday, 15 July 2010

24 hours to go....

Well we leave England tomorrow and we're by no means ready physically or emotionally!

So the plan for those of you who are not up to date:

Fri 16th July - overnight ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff
Sat 17th July - get keys to new house in Lannion, go back to Mum and Dads to stay
sun 18th July - Francois flies back to Bath
Mon 19th July - Francois finishes packing, Mum, Dad and I start on the new house, cleaning and decorating Laila and Max's rooms ready for the furniture arrival.
Tues 20th July - MOVING DAY! Francois will be home to help the removal men pack everything up.
Thurs 22nd July - Removal men deliver the furniture and all our belongings to the house in Lannion.

Fri 23rd July weekend - Mum, Dad and I unpack everything and will probably stay over at the new house to get it all set up.

Fri 30th July - Francois' last day at work in Bath
Sat 31st July - Francois flies from Southampton to Brest where Laila, Max and I will pick him up and take him to our new house!!!

I don't think we'll move in until Francois gets here, it just wouldn't feel quite right.

Back to today....
After a week of saying goodbyes to all of our wonderful and special friends we have made here in Bath, today was actually the saddest for me. It was Laila's last day at nursery, she's been there since she was 9 months old. The nursery workers were really sad to see her go and they each gave her a big hug, poor Laila looked so sad I was in tears and they were trying hard not to cry! She definitely understands that she's left nursery now because we are going to France. I don't know if she really thinks she's never going back there, only time will tell.

I am absolutely fed up of people asking me "are you all packed?". I just want to scream NOOO!
its really frustrating as each day goes past and I've only packed one more box! With Max feeding every 3-4 hours, plus nappy changes and now he wants entertaining all the time too! Plus the general cooking, washing, shopping etc its a very slow packing process! By the time the kids are in bed, Francois and I are so exhausted its the last thing we want to be doing.

We are nearly ready though. I have my list of everything we're taking with us in the car tomorrow, 2 out of 3 suitcases are done, the rest can just be chucked in the car.

There are about 5 empty boxes left, the kitchen still needs doing, I should be able to do a lot of that tomorrow as its a room where I can still keep an eye on the children. Fingers crossed Laila behaves for me, she may just have to watch a little bit more TV than usual!

Right, I really must sign off now and do some packing before Max's night feed.

michelle xxx

1 comment:

Brinabird the wee man the Diva said...

I know the difficulty in packing and we only probably had about half of what you have to pack. We totally underestimated it!!!! Then decided what we could take to NZ cause we were flying was even worse! Ah well it's supposedly all worth it in the end :) Glad to see you blogging...I love it!!! you can check me out here http://brinabird.blogspot.com/