![]() |
| cheeky chappy after his bath |
I took him for his 9 month check at the doctors yesterday, here in France they do 3 official medical checks by the doctor. One at 8 weeks, one at 9 months and one at 2 years old. There is an official medical certificate that they fill in and send off to some central medical office on each check. Max is at the top of each chart for height and weight, he weighs 10.78kg which is 23lbs. His height actually goes off the chart he's 76cm tall! I got the same remark as usual, is his father tall? Err is that a polite way of saying I presume he takes after his father as you're a short arse?! At the same age Laila was only about 3cm shorter and about 40 grams lighter, so very similar. They are also similar in their development at the same age, Max got up and walked with his baby walker yesterday all of his own accord! (Video is here for those who haven't seen it yet: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=473600640685&comments). He is crawling all over the place and cruises around all the furniture too.
![]() |
| searching his high chair for leftovers?! |
He is very very curious, I have to be a lot more vigilant than with Laila, I found him almost in the shower cubicle earlier, I heard strange noises and lucky I checked as he wasn't where I thought he was! He has also started talking, well he says "dada" repeatedly in his immensely cute little voice! He also loves copying coughs, kisses and clapping. We've noticed that he already understands French and English as we can say "clap hands" or "bravo" and he'll clap, and "kiss" or "bisous" and he'll blow us a kiss!
The doctor managed to make me feel like a bad mother for not noticing his ear infection. It's not my fault that he doesn't get feverish, he has actually NEVER knowingly had a high temperature. The couple of times in his 9 months I've thought he felt a bit warm, the thermometer disagreed with me. In hindsight (which is a wonderful thing) he has been a bit off colour this week. He has been fussing at bedtimes and naptimes and needed lots of cuddles to get to sleep, he cried the 2 times he was at the childminders this week, whereas previously he'd been perfectly happy there. I'd been putting all this down to separation anxiety as it's the prime age for that, but maybe he just wasn't feeling very well and needed his mummy. So the doctor gave us a prescription a mile long (as per usual), antibiotics, nasal spray, nasal salt water wash, and eye cream for his conjunctivitis, which I had noticed! I didn't bother with the salt water nasal wash, as its not reimbursed and seems a bit OTT. He's been a very good boy and taken it all with not too many protests. I'm amazed actually as we never managed to get antibiotics down Laila, maybe once or twice but certainly never completed a course of them!
So bets are on for when he's going to take his first steps alone. Laila was 11 months when she did it on Christmas Day 2008. We encouraged her a lot though, we're not encouraging Max half as much yet he's doing it anyway!!!



1 comment:
Sorry, I know this post was from ages ago, but just reading through your blog now.
Anyway, don't knock the nasal salt water wash! They recommend it all the time over here, every time we go to the paediatrician for anything cough or mucus-related (and lately we seem to be there every couple of weeks) they tell us to wash his nose through as often as possible, 3, 4, 5 times a day.
We stopped doing it for a while, as P. learnt to blow his nose properly, but for some reason he's now forgotten, so we've had to start doing it again.
He hates having it done, but it is pretty effective, it's impressive to see the amount of mucus that comes running out when we flush the salt water through his nose, certainly better out than in!
Post a Comment