March has been and gone, the month of Spring, the end of Winter....or so it should be!
Admittedly today was sunny, one of only 2 or 3 sunny days we've had this month, but it was still under 5 degrees Celcius. This month has seen snow, sun, wind, hail, sleet, rain, rain and more types of rain, sometimes all in the same day. Please can we move on, hopefully April will be better...
March was the month when Max turned 3. I also think he got just a little naughtier and more defiant too. But that comes with the age, and we do at least know that should get better (more so than the weather anyway!). I baked 3 different cakes for each mini celebration and all were pretty successful.
We didn't have a party, but we had a couple of lovely family gatherings, I say family, I mean both sets of grandparents. Our sisters and brothers live far away, but we're very lucky to have our parents close by.
March was the month when Laila started biting her fingernails,
this took me completely by surprise. Luckily for me she's a big fan of
nail varnish and I let her have some from time to time. So last week
when she asked for some I told her, she could but only when her nails
grew back. I suggested that everytime she wanted to bite her nails, she
should think about how much she wants nail varnish. Well one week later,
her nails were longer again and she's been allowed nail varnish. I'll
have to take it off again for school, but we'll see if she leaves her
nails alone or not.
March was the month when Max's French really took off, but we also noticed he translates from English, his first language. He says cute things like "Je suis faim" instead of "j'ai faim", and he still mixes up the 2 saying things like "I want an oeuf"!
March was the month when Laila's wobbly tooth got really really wobbly,
we thought it would come out today, but I guess April will be the month
when the tooth fairy/petite souris pays a visit. (see post here)
March was the month when Max suddenly decided to show us he could write his name! Considering he rarely sits down long enough to do any drawing or writing it came as quite a surprise!
March was the month when Laila decided she prefers a shower to a bath, she even washes herself on her own! No complaints from us here, one down and one to go!!
March was the month when Max got a new bike with pedals and a training handle, but isn't quite confident to ride on it yet. He still prefers his trusty old balance bike which he can ride at an amazing speed!
March was the month when Laila started reading in French, and we went to the library to get her some books to try. She's doing very well indeed, and reading is definitely a passion for her, as is drawing and writing.
March was the month when I attempted to start jogging again using the Couch to 5 K program, but once again the cold weather, dark evenings and rain put stop to that. Maybe tomorrow morning will be a good time to try again...watch this space.
March was the month when hubby and I watched Homeland Season 1 on DVD and got hooked, September will be the month we get to watch Season 2....it's gonna be a long wait!
March was the month with Easter tucked in right at the end. We had chocolate eggs overflowing, a beautiful Simnel Cake made by my mum, hot cross buns imported from the UK and a nice long weekend with family.


3 comments:
A busy month! So much happening.
Nice update. Thanks. And you did a great job with the cakes.
Wow, so amazing that Laila is reading so well. Beautiful girl. Good look with the running. I'm definitely not a jogger so hats off to you!
Post a Comment